The Maschinenhaus Essen is part of the former pit Carl that was instituted 1855. The brick building was built with a base area of 14 × 20 metres in the year 1900 as a location for the steam machine manoeuvring the conveyor cage. 1929 the coal extraction was ceased. Until 1970 the pit Carl was in operation for man- and material riding and for ventilation.
Underground U17 or U11 to Altenessen Mitte. Exit Zeche Carl, follow the signs Zeche Carl.
The car park is located directly at the entrance to the site.
No events found.